1. Tim Harford uses the analogy of picking the fastest grocery store checkout line to explain the efficient market hypothesis. Ironically, the advent of self service aisles has created an option that lets customers get out of the grocery store
2. The internet of murder things.
3. Welcome to the US, where everyone is guilty of something.
4. And some things (literally things, not people) are guilty until proven innocent. (HT: MR)
5. Consumers in the US are spending more money on luxuries. All of them, not just the one percent.
6. A chart that highlights one of the impacts of the expansion of democracy to the masses. Presidents have to speak more simply in modern times.